SCD.USA Infrared LLC is a US Company established in August 2007 by its parent, Semi-Conductor Devices, an Elbit Systems and Rafael Partnership ("SCD"). SCD.USA Infrared LLC is ITAR-Certified and AS-9100 Certified.
- Vacuum re-life (getter firing) – Vacuum re-life through getter firing will be performed as a default to any detector returned for repair.
- Vacuum re-life (pumping) – If the vacuum of the detector can not be restored by getter firing a re-pumping will be required. If a physical leak is identified, the leaking part is replaced (leaks can appear on the window, the detector feed through or the getter feed through).
- Cooler re-life – Regeneration and/or Reconditioning a cooler to bring it back to full operation capability and the original warranty of the product. The cooler re-life includes the replacement of defective Optical and/or mechanical parts and/or backfill and seal to original high vacuum conditions
- Cooler replacement – Replacing defective cooler with a new or re-life cooler
- FPA replacement – If the detector performance degraded to the extent that it does not meet the specification the FPA is removed and replaced.
- Proximity board / Flex cable replacement – If proximity board is damaged it is replaced and retested.
- Temperature diode replacement – Temperature diodes may be damaged as a result of electrical spikes. Certain IDCAs have backup temperature diodes and the problem is simply solved using a jumper wire. If the specific IDCA does not have a backup diode, the Dewar is opened and the faulty diode repaired/replaced and the Dewar re-pumped.
- Test and evaluation – Every detector returned for repair will be subjected to a series of tests and evaluations (i.e. Incoming test, Failure assessment, Heat load, ATP, etc) before and after repair.